Essence of ANKAA
We source botanical ingredients that are native to some of the most extreme environments on earth, ranging from high mountain regions to the deep sea. We create our unique LS-NT Complex by combining extracts from plants native to these challenging ecosystems, where plants produce chemical compounds that help them survive, rejuvenate, and ultimately thrive. We borrow from nature by harnessing these rich botanical compounds in the lab, integrating our patent-pending complex, to create formulations that help not only protect and rejuvenate your skin, but restore youthful vitality and radiance, infusing the skin with a new vibrancy and glow. Explore these powerful ingredients.
Although the value of Swertia Chirata has been recognized and used in traditional medicine, it is only now through advanced scientific research and technology that the full power of Swertia Chirata is being recognized and captured. Recent evidence-based lab research indicate that extracts of Swertia Chirata have promising pharmacological properties. Specific to skin it has been used for wound healing and eczema. In developing Swertia Chirata for advanced skin care, it is used to help:
- Regenerate the epidermis by stimulating adipose-derived stem cells to promote production of keratinocyte growth factors.
- Minimize, smooth, and fill in wrinkles for a resurfacing effect through the thickening of the epidermis through cell-to-cell communication.
- Bring rapid improvement to skin texture and the reduction of vertical & lip contour wrinkles.
This potent plant is native to the high altitude regions of the sub-temperate Himalayas from Kashmir to Bhutan.
This extract is used to produce visibly younger, firm, and lustrous skin, not only for helping to reduce wrinkles and improve skin elasticity, but to also produce a barrier of protection and hydration. In traditional folk medicine Bidens Pilosa was used to treat a wide range of ailments internally and externally; on the skin it was used in treating cuts, burns, wounds and snake bites, while at the same time being considered soothing and gentle enough for use in bathing babies and children. Contemporary studies reveal it to have a rich phytochemical composition with anti-inflammatory properties and rich in antioxidants. It is used to help:
- Reduce deep wrinkles, smooth skin and increase elasticity of skin.
- Operate as a natural bioretinol by increasing retinoid receptors and stimulate synthesis of dermal proteins and growth factors.
- Decrease free radicals through its powerful antioxidants.
- Combat effects of aging on skin through its anti-inflammatory properties.
Originating in moist and warm tropical regions of the Americas, Bidens Pilosa is a fast growing, strong, flowering plant.
The skin’s ability to naturally heal and recover is bolstered by this sea-based ingredient, as it enhances the proliferation of skin cells and helps to regulate the skin’s own regeneration process. Laminaria Saccharina is included to assist in:
- Stimulating wound contraction, increasing fibroblast and myofibroblast differentiation and fortifying tissue remodeling by directly acting on collagen types, resulting in skin regeneration.
- Increasing hydration, which is of core importance to recover skin integrity.
- Improving skin imperfections, giving it a softer and smoother feel and appearance.
Laminaria Saccharina, also known as sugar kelp, is a rich brown algae found in the Northern Atlantic Ocean into the Barents Sea, as well as parts of the Pacific, and is particularly common in rocky shorelines and pools down to lower depths along the coasts of the British Isles, Europe, Greenland, and the upper Eastern and Western coastlines of North America.
Caulerpa lentillifer, also known as sea grape on the Japanese Island of Okinawa, is a dynamic anti-aging extract that is prepared in combination with hydrolyzed rice proteins. It is used to help:
- Improve the skin’s functional integrity by reinforcing the epidermal junction at the dermis and rebuilding collagen, especially useful for skin that has been exposed to years of UV rays.
- Increase skin firmness by increasing the dermal structure.
- Reduce skin roughness,. as evidenced in a 28-day clinical study. In the test panel of consumers, an overwhelming 84% have purchase intention, having finally seen lasting results.
Originating in tropical Pacific waters, particularly around Japan, the Philippines, Malaysia, and Indonesia, caulerpa lentilllifera is a green algae traditionally used as food, being particularly popular on Okinawa, with a population known for longevity. Recent research is revealing its many benefits internally and for the skin.
Bellis Perennis is the European daisy from which extracts are taken from the blossoms to help with:
- Reducing pigmentation of dark spots by blocking the formation of melanin.
- Lightening skin through the reduction of melanogenesis.
- Correcting the patchy appearance of skin.
Bellis Perennis, is the daisy flower native to Europe, with the name derived from “bellus” for beautiful and “perennis” for lasting – or, “lasting beauty”.
Niacinamide is a form vitamin B3 that has, through various studies, been shown to be highly effective in improving skin. It offers an array of benefits for skin and is used to help:
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduce red blotchiness;
- Counteract age spots and reduce hyperpigmentation.
- Promote even pigmentation.
- Operate as a natural, non-damaging, skin-lightener that aids in reversing UV damage.
- Improve elasticity.
For sensitive skin that is prone to uneven coloring, age spots, or irritation, this ingredient helps to soothe and repair. As a powerful aid to the skin’s outer barrier, it helps lock in moisture and nutrients, resulting in fuller, healthy skin, a warmer gleam, and less noticeable fine lines and age imperfections.
Derived from glucose, two water-binding plant sugars, and xylitol, this moisturizing compound restructures the skin’s natural hydrous flow. It is used to aid in:
- Optimizing water reserves by increasing the body’s key natural moisturizing factors and limits water loss.
- Better equipping the skin to withstand external forces.
- Test findings show that it not only increases the water content of the outer layer instantly with long-term results, it also visibly improves cracked, dry skin and smoothes the skin surface after just a month of treatment.
Xylitol is a sweetener found naturally in various types of berries, corn husks, oats, and mushrooms. It is as sweet as sucrose, but with fewer calories, and is also a humectant that helps the skin in retaining its moisture. Xylitol is used to help:
- Boost collagen production by improving the levels of hyaluronic acid.
- Improve the barrier function of the skin and increase the presence of ceramide, a hydrating compound.
Derived from raw plant materials Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline is a form of hydroxyproline, an amino acid with excellent moisturizing activity. Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline is used to help:
- Firm up the skin through stimulating remodeling and contraction of collagen fibers, restoring the elasticity of the skin, and reducing the levels of free radicals.
- Raise the overall moisture levels of the skin.
- Reduce wrinkles by protecting the fibers of the dermis.
Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline is found in both Ankaa’s Smooth & Lift™ Time-Resist Ultra-Hydrating Moisturizer and Smooth & Lift™ Time-Resist Perfecting Serum.
More Powerful Ingredients:
- Grape Seed Oil – to help in the reduction of wrinkles and tightening of skin – found in Ankaa’s Smooth & Lift™ Time-Resist Ultra-Hydrating Moisturizer.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil – a potent source of anti-oxidants to aid in skin tone and smoothing – found in Ankaa’s Smooth & Lift™ Time-Resist Perfecting Serum.
- Mango Seed Butter – to provide vitamins to the skin and increase hydration – found in Ankaa’s Smooth & Lift™ Time-Resist Perfecting Serum.